4.25.2011

4/21/2011 - A Day to Remember


It all started when I was looking for a pan in the kitchen. Clinking my dishes around trying to find that dang pan! It's a good thing I couldn't find it.

I woke up my roommate who was sleeping in the front room.

"Taylor! Don't eat." Allie

"Umm why?" Me

"I was just suppose to make sure you don't eat. There might me a surprise coming?" Allie

Naturally, everything started to make sense. Scott had texted me some pretty random texts "Are you in class? When will you be home? Ya I wish I could come up but work is so busy"... Sneaky boy.

Moments later, the knock came.

I knew my mom was coming up to Logan because she had a patient, but both her and Scott told me he wouldn't be coming because he had a test.

I looked through the eye hole in the door and started freaking out. I couldn't see anything. A thumb was in the way. Dead give away it was Scotty!

Sure enough, there he was, standing there with a bouquet of flowers. I had no idea he was coming up!! I honestly started freaking out I was so happy.

Without thinking I just jumped into his arms smiling and hugging him while I kept saying "I knew it. I knew it!"

My mom had driven Scott up with her.

Scott then told me we had a picnic planned, and that he had to leave in 3 hours to get back for his test so that we had to get going. So we left my mom and my roommates and headed for our picnic.

We drove to first dam at the mouth of Logan Canyon. I have a personal soft spot for first dam because it is where Scott and I had our first kiss. It was rainy and cold, but I didn't care.

We ate under the pavilion, sheltered from the rain. He was prepared though. Blanket and all! We sat there talking, laughing, and stuffing our faces with some of my personal favorites, turkey croissants, cheetos, e.l.fudge cookies and dr. pepper.

I had the thought cross my mind that maybe Scott was going to propose! But I quickly pushed it out of my mind for the fear of disappointment. Besides, he kept telling me that he was going to buy the ring this weekend. He didn't even have it yet.

After our picnic we decided to drive to the Logan temple. The Logan temple has been one of my favorite temples ever since I was really little. We walked around the temple and sat on a bench facing the temple.

We sat talking. Scott was being as cute as ever. And then I just had this overwhelming feeling. Scott was going to propose. I started crying out of no where.

"Why are you crying?" Scott

"I'm just really happy. I love you so much." Me

Scott stood up and lifted me up off the bench. We stood their hugging each other wrapped in a blanket.

"Can I see the blanket?" Scott

So of course I give it to him.

"Is it okay if I put it on the ground?" Scott

That's when I lost it. Absolutely started balling. I knew what was coming.

Before I knew it, the love of my life was on one knee, telling me how much I meant to him and how much he loved me. He then pulled out a small blue box and opened it. And then came the question.

"Will you marry me?" Scott

There was no pause between his question and my answer.

"Yes" Me

I honestly was in shock. I just kept crying and smiling and telling him I loved him and how happy I was. It honestly was the best day of my life.

I can't wait to spend forever with this boy. He is absolutely the best thing to ever happen to me. I love you Scott!




-Tay

No comments:

Post a Comment